Saturday, September 4, 2010

Temple

On August 19th, I went through the temple! The temple I choose to go through was the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple. My brothers and their wifes were there, Craig and Annie, Jared and Chrissy. My mom and Grandma Siebert were my escorts. My dad and grandpa Siebert were also there. It was just plain amazing! I love the temple and I look forward to returning often. Before I leave on my mission, my goal is to go to every temple in Utah. So far I have been to two, Oquirrh Mountain and Ogden.

I know that I am suppose to serve a mission. Every day, i get another confirmation that I am making the right decision. Everything is falling into place. I am so excited that this is the right decision for me.

So far on my HUGE shopping list, I have gotten my luggage, most of my outfits, first aid stuff, new scriptures, passport, and other little stuff. Right now I am working on renewing my license and finishing the application for my Visa. The process is coming along very well. The next big thing that I need to get is 4 shoes. 3 nice black shoes to wear with my dresses, and then 1 pair of tennis shoes for RUNNING!

Some new things that I have found out is that there is a little fish that lives in the mud. When it rains down there, the fishes come to the water and swims around. (when it rains, it floods.) When the water dries up, some of the fishes are caught on top and die. The Bolivian people go and catch these fish and put them in their soups and other meals. I have also found out that I will not have a washing machine. It will all be hand washed. Bolivia is the poorest country in South America. While looking at pictures I have found that the bigger cities are nicer then the little villages outside of the city. The villages outside of the city, the look a little run down and poorer then the cities. Some cities in the pictures shows cars and paved roads. Other pictures of the cities show dirt houses and roads. I am excited to get down there and actually see for myself what it really looks like. :)