MISSION CALL!!! I have been wanting to serve a mission for a long time. Last month I finally decided go ahead and turn in my papers and serve a mission. I turned my papers in on July 13, 2010. I received my call on July 30th. I have been called to serve in the Bolivia Santa Cruz Mission. I leave November 17th and I will be speaking Spanish. I am super excited and can't wait for this experience. I am super excited for the change of culture and the opportunity for the strength of testimony. I received my call on July 30th, my grandpa's birthday. I had all my extended as well as my immediate family with me. I had Kristine and Ryan's family on speaker phone. When I first opened my call, I first saw the Spanish speaking. I started to freak out because I realized that I was going to be going foreign! I finally was able to find where I was going and I couldn't believe it. My brother, Jared, went to the computer to see what he could find about Bolivia and where it was at. After receiving my call, the shopping began and the advice started to come. I have received so much advice about where to go shopping, things to bring with me when I go, things I will want that aren't mentioned in mission call.... etc. I am super excited though.
One cool thing is a guy that lives in my same neighborhood received his call on the same day and he is going to the same mission as I am. He is leaving the same day as well. This way it is good because I am able to already know someone on my mission. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
I have three months to prepare for my mission. One way that I am preparing is by going through the temple. I am going to be going through the temple on the 19th of August! I am super excited about the opportunity that I am about to have. It is just going to be my immediate family and grandparents. My grandma Broome paid for all of my temple clothes. Much thanks to her. I am sad that she won't be able to attend the temple on this occasion. I am excited for the opportunity that I will have to go through on a weekly basis before I leave on my mission.
Today, I became an aunt again. Carson Ryan was born! He was 8lbs. 4 oz. He was 20 1/2 inches long and beautiful as can be. It is so fun to be an aunt. My mom, sister and I all flew over to Colorado to watch the kiddos. They are so freakin cute and I miss them. They make you thankful for your family. They are so little and so innocent that you can't help but laugh. Like today, Parker was just eating fries when he got one of his daddy's fries. Ryan had gotten some kind of spice fries. Parker just kept going on with playing until suddenly his mouth started burning up and he started freaking out. How can you not laugh at that?