Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Getting Ready!

So, as of today, I have 50 days until I leave. Right now I am just working hard and enjoying time with my family. I have just a few odds and ends and then half of my clothes is all I need. Life is amazing. I love ready Preach My Gospel and the scriptures. When I read them, I feel like I am being prepared. It has kind of changed my outlook on life. I have gained more trust in Christ. I am so thankful for this blessing in my life.

I am been looking for information on Bolivia. I found one website, www.boliviabella.com . It gives so much information on Bolivia. Like, that Bolivians have a snack everyday at 11:00. They are called Saltenas. I was reading off the recipe and my mom thought they sounded disgusting. They do have Chinese restaurants and Mexican restaurants. I think food will be very surprising to me.

It is one of the wettest zones in earth. It has 8000 millimeters of rainfall a year. There is 20 official languages. The world's largest Butterfly Sanctuary is located in Santa Cruz. Bolivia is the number one country for certified tropical forests. Bolivia has the two highest cities. There is 9 states in Bolivia and Santa Cruz is the biggest city. There is no carpet in the houses, just a type of tile. Most of the houses have huge walls, as a security measure.

There is so much information to learn about Bolivia. I am so excited to go visit this country and get to know the Bolivian people!!!!!!